Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yogurstory is yogur-yummy


YAY YAY! Best friends @ Yogurstory:

There's a cute, new-to-me restaurant in town called Yogurstory. I saw a comment about it on a friend's fb and was interested the moment I saw the name. Yogurstory? Did someone forget a 't' at the end of yogur? I googled it. Nope, that's the name. Ok, you got me interested. What do they have and what's it all about? I looked it up on my yelp! app and there were mucho mixed reviews. It seems you either love it or you hate it there. Yogur's (faster to write than Y-O-G-U..oh you get the point) serves supposed fancy breakfasts and gourmets lunches daily from 7am - 9pm. So let's cut to the chase..I found an excuse to try it out. A girls brunch with my long time friends...who btw are very interested in food...and good food too! No one else had heard of it but me so they were all interested to see what was up.

Ok, arrival: I was a little late so those dears waited for me by the door. Hmm, it took then about 2 good minutes to seat us and they were not over-the-top busy. *note to self: service is slow. They did have a nicely reserved table for us by an awesome looking homemade tree. *+++ for that. (reservations for 6 or more btw) Waitress came and explained and we were all staring at the menu already wondering what to eat. Eggs Bennedict for me, my all time fave and one of the reasons I chose this place. A funkier Egg Benn. for our guest of honor, "b-day girl." Saw their super special "pigout fried rice," a signature dish that can be "oinked up" by adding 2 over easy eggs and a whole portuguese sausage! mmmm, oink us up! We shared. Red velvet waffle and.....a turkey croissant sandwich with salad????? My girl JB, that health nut...what a sweet nut she is. Ok, and then the total non-vegetarian orders the mozarella, basil, tomato omelette???? Ok, let's give it a whirl. FFWD>>>food takes a little too long...* ---. Finally comes out and it is soooo pretty. * back to ++. I take a bite of my eggs Benn...YUM! Lemoney just how I like it and tasty. Oinked fried rice? Nothing special, even with the pork adobo they bragged that was inside. Times Fried rice is waaaaay better than this! Red velvet waffle: ono but slightly dry. mozarella, basil, tmato omelette: thumbs down, no taste. Other EB: grindz!

So all in all I can see how this place is a hit or miss. They need to get their cuisine down a little better and service needs to go way up. ***3 stars from me. Try it when you come to HI!

No comments:

Post a Comment